Dale Carnegie Training firmly believes in the fundamentals of both personal and professional success: The Principles of Dale Carnegie have always focused on people and relationships. We have strong beliefs about engagement and how we should treat one another, from our Carnegie graduates and clients to our business partners, vendors, and staff. Our purpose is to build positive, steady, and profitable business results.
Here are three essential dimensions of what drives the key Dale Carnegie values that define us, not only here in Alabama but across the globe:
Become a Friendlier Person
- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain
- Give honest, sincere appreciation
- Become genuinely interested in other people
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely
Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it
- Show respect for the other person’s opinion; never say, “You’re wrong.”
- If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically
- Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view
- Appeal to the nobler motives
Be a Leader
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement; be “hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.”
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to
Every success ingredient above helps to develop the deep, driving desire to master the essentials of human relations. Dale Carnegie’s voice still speaks the truth as forcefully as he did back in 1936 when he first published How to Win Friends and Influence People.
Through honest leadership and healthy organizations anything is possible. It just takes some commitment and a whole lot of common sense!
Photo: jzcreationsz, freedigitalphotos.net